Have you seen “IT”?

You should see this movie because “IT” is amazing.

With the overload of “IT” memes crowding the internet, everyone seems to have an opinion on the new film, which came out on September 8.

This clown based thriller, based off the Stephen King novel of the same name, had many people eager to get into theaters. For those who did not see “IT,” it is a thriller/horror movie with a supernatural and cannibalistic clown that loves to eat children. The plot line makes for a potentially horrifying story.

Now I’d like to be the first to say I was not disappointed with “IT”— rather, I was surprised. What I was expecting was an extremely scary movie that left me afraid to sleep, and it did leave some viewers feeling that way. While the movie had some great jumpscares, the overall fear factor was average.

What really sold this movie however was the storyline. The outsider kids, who no one believed in, save several people from a killer clown. It showed bravery and courage along with some great humor.

One of the key questions of this movie was, would it match up to its 1986 counterpart? I personally think that because of effect alone it meets up to the scare factor and overall competes well. Some of my problems with this new addition is the differences between the book, the 1986 movie, and the new 2017 version. Although there are not huge differences, if you try to guess the new movie from the old one, you will be left sadly mistaken—like the freshmen in the student section when they do not realize how many times we say our chants.

For my overall ranking, I am going recommend “IT” to those who aren’t scared of clowns and demand to the ones who are, but you can go see for yourself (if you’re over 17 or have a legal guardian with you). See if you find Pennywise the clown more frightening than I did.