Mrs. Elizabeth Malone

Malvern’s new school nurse is experienced and prepared.  

. Elizabeth Malone is one of five children and currently lives in the West Chester area with her husband and four kids. She earned her undergraduate degree at University of Richmond and later earned her nursing degree at West Chester University.

She previously worked at The Westtown School as a part time nurse for about 3 years. Before working at The Westtown School, she worked a semester at Villa Maria, and substituting at Unionville-Chadds Ford, Kennett, and Avon Grove school districts.

She heard about an opportunity to work as a nurse from a friend, Assistant Athletic Director Mrs. Mary Fran Frankenheimer.

“A longtime friend of mine recommended that I work here. My friend Mary Fran, she works here in the athletic department and everyone has heard about Malvern,” Malone said

There are some differences to working at Malvern versus the other schools she used to work at.

“Westtown was a boarding school, so we dealt with helping kids 24/7. I love the day school element. I love the integration of faith. Villa Maria had that also. I love the daily chapels and the Mass. I don’t get to them all the time, but I do really appreciate that. I think the all boys school is great too,” she said.

Being a nurse is Malone’s second career. Malone graduated from Richmond University with a Bachelor of Arts with a double major in American Studies and English.

“I worked at Reuben H. Donnelley, which back in the day was the Yellow Pages. It was advertising sales,” she said.

Outside of working, Malone spends her time with friends and family.

“I love to run, I love to run with friends for exercise. I like to travel with my family,” Malone said.

Malone is excited to work and help the students.

“I am looking forward to getting to know everybody, all the staff, faculty, and the students,” she said. “I feel very lucky to be here, it is a really nice place to come to everyday.”