Inter Ac Title a Few Laps Away

The Malvern Prep Men’s Swimming and Diving Team has been dominant in the pool this winter season.

For the last few years, Germantown Academy has been a powerhouse in the pool. Producing numerous All-Americans, graduating dozens of recruited Division I swimmers, and even ending a few swimmers to Olympic Trails in 2012, GA had been king of the Inter Ac and a force to be reckoned with by all in competition….Until January 8th. In their first Inter Ac dual meet, GA was upset by the Haverford School; the score was 100 – 86.

That same Tuesday, Malvern was taking care of business against Episcopal Academy, where the Friars cruised to a lopsided victory. Upon hearing news that night of the upset, the Malvern team was even more anxious for Inter Ac meets. The original thought was that the Inter Ac Title would be determined by the Malvern vs GA meet, but with the
Haverford upset, the Inter Ac Title picture got a whole lot more interesting.

On Tuesday January 8th, Malvern Prep dominated Germantown Academy in front of a crowd of parents, students, and alumni. The final score was 129 – 67, sweet revenge for the Malvern Team who suffered devastating losses to GA the past three years. The Friars clearly returned the favor this time around.

Riding the momentum of a stellarmeet, the Friars did not lose focus as the week progressed and they prepared for the Haverford meet. Haverford was now the team to beat, and the showdown between the two undefeated Inter Ac teams was set for the following Tuesday, January 15th.

Malvern splashed their way to another victory in the Fords home turf. With the toughest Inter Ac teams beaten, the Inter Ac title is well within reach for the Friars. The Friars are
currently undefeated in their dual meet season, with the closest meet being won by no less than a twenty point margin.

Malvern swims Penn Charter on Wednesday January 23rd to seal the deal and claim the championship. The Friars also look optimistic for the upcoming National Catholics Swimming Championships and Easterns.