Media and Tech Holiday Gadget Preview

Be prepared for the question, “What do you want for Christmas?”

It’s the time of year where companies release their new toys. They will place them at discounted prices and advertise them to no end. However, 30 second commercials are never enough to give you all the information. That’s why we are here to provide you with the necessary information to make a knowledgeable decision this holiday season.

Beats by Dre Solo2 Wireless Headphones

image00Dr. Dre has traveled around the world looking for ways to solve our headphone problems. And the consensus must have been that we are all incredibly bothered by a meter long, millimeter thin cable. As the greatest thing since sliced bread, these headphones are Bluetooth enabled within a 30 foot range. You will no longer have to worry about annoying wires dangling down from your head to your device. Thankfully, Dr. Dre and his people have eliminated the problem we stay up late at night worrying about.

Available here you can purchase the wireless headphones for an extra $100 dollars as opposed to headphones with the wire. It’s up to you how much you value wireless headphones, but the price difference seems excessive.

image01Fitbit Flex

The new Fitbit Flex is a step above any regular pedometer. You place the Fitbit around your wrist and it will track calories burnt, steps taken, and distance traveled. Through the Fitbit app you can set up goals and the Fitbit will show your progression to the goals of your day. The data is synced directly to the app so you can view your stats on your phone. Along with all of these features, the Flex will also track your sleep quality. After long nights of homework and practices, you can be directly shown the depressing and unhealthy amount of sleep you are getting.

Available here the Fitbit Flex is a relatively cheap device that provides a lot of cool features.

image03Samsung 78” Curved UHD Smart TV

In an attempt to replicate a movie theater atmosphere in the home, Samsung developed this massive TV with a curved screen that is said to make the picture appear larger and create a great view of the screen from any viewing angle. In all honesty though, do you really need this big of a TV? And if you think you do, you probably do not need the curved screen because there are not going to be any “bad viewing angles” in your living room.

If you want a new TV, stay away from the curved screen and stick to a regular flat screen that will be much cheaper.

image02Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

You do not need another one of these games. You are in high school.