The BFC Music Review: Alternative

A monthly review of new artists or bands who are making a splash in the music scene. This month’s feature: Alternative.

Desmond Papariello ‘18, Colin Price ‘18

image00Album We Love:

AM- Arctic Monkeys (2013)

Although this album is a little more than a year old, we thought that it deserved a review because of how great this album is. The Arctic Monkeys combined guitar riffs with bass riffs that made an underground alternative sound easy for anyone to jam to. Then, to top it off, Alex Turner (lead vocalist) puts his spin on it. The title song “Do I Wanna Know” is arguably the best song on the album. Alex Turner sounds grungy with a distorted guitar riff that combines with a punchy drum beat to make a great track. If you listen to AM, you will be sure to hear lots of background guitar riffs, and heavy beats, with great lyrics

image01Song to Watch:

Weekend – Priory

Priory is an American band formed in Portland, Oregon in 2009. This band’s sound is a mix of electronic instrumentation and guitar. Priory’s song “Weekend” came out in June 2014 and has been on the rise ever since. With synths that defy gravity, and lyrics that make you want to go and party with your friends, it’s no surprise this song has become as popular as it is. There’s no doubt in our minds that “Weekend” will continue to reach the top charts. This song will inspire you to want to go out on the weekend.