Justice for Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

batttIt was solid – but not incredible.

Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice, the follow up to the 2013 blockbuster Man of Steel, was initially met with negative reviews from critics. However, after watching it this past weekend, I did not think it was as bad as it was made out to be.

First things first, Bruce Wayne, a.k.a. Batman, is no longer played by Christian Bale. Ben Affleck assumes the new role of the superhero, and he does a very good job. It was not much of a deterrent and I enjoyed his performance. In addition, Alfred Pennyworth is casted by Jeremy Irons rather than Michael Caine. While Ben Affleck did not distract my attention away, Jeremy Irons did. It was difficult for me to see a character other than the white haired Englishman as Batman’s butler and best friend.

Another new character that was introduced was Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. I enjoyed her performance and I thought that the producers gave her just the right amount of lines. Her presence did not detract from the film, and it paves the way for a Wonder Woman movie in the future.

Batman vs. Superman had no shortage of action and special effects. Traditionally, Batman and Superman movies are action-packed, and this one was no different. There were plenty of fight scenes, and the final battle between Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and the demon was excellent in terms of special effects. In addition, Batman’s technology was very well designed and impressive.

However, not everything about the movie was an A+. The movie had a lot of scene switching because it switched between Bruce Wayne’s and Clark Kent’s perspectives, which made it hard to keep up with. The film also had a very long plot. The run time is two hours and thirty-three minutes, which in reality, could have been a lot shorter.

“The movie was pretty cool special effects wise and action wise, but some of the plot was really drawn out and didn’t contribute to the movie,” junior Nick Maras said. “Going into the movie people said it wasn’t very good and it wasn’t worth seeing, but I don’t agree with that at all. I’m glad I saw it.”

All in all, Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice was a good movie. Out of 10, I would give it a 7.