Student of the Issue: Stephen Fratamico ’19

Of the 18 quarters that Stephen has spent at Malvern, he has gotten distinguished honors 12 times, gradually getting better grades since 6th grade.

FRATAMICO

Sophomore Stephen Fratamico is in two AP classes this year, and everything else but Church History is an honors class. His schedule is tough but he seems to have it under control.  

Although Stephen puts in a lot of effort into his work, he credits his success to time management skills which he learned from Seventh Grade Dean Mr. Leo Kindon.

[perfectpullquote align=”right” cite=”” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””]“The majority of the kids at Malvern who hear that I’m taking advanced classes, or that I like to read a lot, or I study things without a class to require me to do so, think I’m different, But no one will deny that what I’ve done has pushed me closer to a successful future.”[/perfectpullquote]

Mr. Kindon, my eighth grade English teacher, taught me how to plan and manage time by always remembering to ‘think’, as he’d say,” Fratamico said.

To study for tests, Stephen makes a set of Quizlet flashcards and reviews these every other day until the test date. Fratamico says the repetition helps him remember which gives him success when it comes to taking tests.

While studying, its very important to concentrate on grasping the material instead of quickly glancing it over,” Fratamico said.  

Another key motivator when it comes to Stephen’s grades are his parents.  “My parents have taught me in order to be successful you need to work hard. I apply this to my life constantly,” Fratamico said

With his parents encouraging him to do well, Stephen is determined not to fail.

However, Fratamico thinks there may be some stigma associated with learning things independently.

“The majority of the kids at Malvern who hear that I’m taking advanced classes, or that I like to read a lot, or I study things without a class to require me to do so, think I’m different,” he said. “But no one will deny that what I’ve done has pushed me closer to a successful future.”

Fratamico believes that students should consider their future plans in high school. “I think people should at least think about their desired future career then find something you can learn to move yourself one step closer to your future today,” he said.