What is Spring Break to Malvern?

Spring Break was a 10-day period between April 1 and April 10 during which students had no school and were able to relax.

When you first left campus, you saw the bright and hot sun shining above you. The feeling of not having school for 10 whole days empowered  you with joy and excitement. Some activities that students did during this time included spending time with family, going on a vacation, or just celebrating Easter. 

Two weeks after Term 3 ended, students were relieved to just relax and have a good time on their 10-day break period, but what is Spring Break at Malvern? 

Spring break was a time when students would relax and take a break in order to come back to school feeling rejuvenated. Spring break was also a very important time when many students and their families celebrated the resurrection of Jesus Christ through Easter. 

Spring break was also important for teachers. Think about it, teachers have to constantly deal with students all the time and might even have to deal with bad behavior. This is one of the times when teachers would actually relax and rest. 

Right before students got off for break, a couple of students were asked about their opinions on Spring Break, including Malvern Prep 7th graders  Liam Matlack and Arman Patel. 

Liam had stated that he thinks that time for break is reasonable and that he likes to have breaks near the end of the year so students aren’t overwhelmed with work. 

In his interview he said “I like having more breaks towards the end because it makes me more excited to end the school year.” He has also said that over the break he spends time with his family and friends. 

In a separate interview, Arman Patel proclaimed that spring break is  the perfect amount of time for a break at the perfect time, and that he loves spring break because he can go have fun and experience the warm weather. When asked about how he feels about spring break he said, “Yes, I love spring break because it is usually warm outside, so I can go outside and I love Easter.” He also said “my cousins and family come over and we relax.”

One of the teachers of the Middle School, Mrs. Lang/Reynolds, gave us her opinion on Spring Break. She stated, “I think Spring Break is a fair length. I would definitely not like it to be longer if that meant the school year ended later in June.” She has also expressed that she likes the break and will take any break she can get. Some activities that she does over the break are planning and planting her garden, going for walks and hikes, and cleaning her house. 

Based on interviews with members of the Middle School, it seems as though they feel that Spring Break is a perfect period of length and perfect time to relax.