Top five video games to play this summer

Check out these games to play this summer away from the pesky sun.

There are millions of games that exist in the virtual world but which ones are good? Which ones are the best to play? Here are some titles that you may not of heard of but you should definitely check out.

#5: The Division

An open-world, first person shooter where you are part of the last resistance. You are part of a group known as “The Division” and there are many like you spread across the world. The game is set in a dystopian NYC in the aftermath of a smallpox outbreak killing millions. Join The Division and combat criminal activity in the city and complete missions amongst the battles.

#4: H1Z1

A spin-off of H1N1, H1Z1 is two games in one. The first game, H1Z1: Just Survive, is to quite literally just survive amongst yourself and zombies or join servers and survive against other players. The other game, H1Z1: King of the Kill, is a “Hunger Games” kind of game where each player must survive in an arena and defeat each other until one is standing as the victor.

#3: Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege

A team-based game where each group must complete their objective each round. Similar to “Counter-Strike: Global Offensive”, the defending team must stop the attacking team from entering the building and defusing the bomb with barricades, barbed wire and explosives. The attacking team gets repel from the roof and kick in the windows to force their way in as they attempt to eliminate the other team. A heavily inspired military game makes this one a lot of fun with pals.

#2: Dayz

Another heavily inspired military game but with a twist, zombies. You play in a massive world known as Chernarus located in Russia and run for miles on end from town to town. Each player tries their best to get the best military loot from going from towns to heading for military bases or airports for the best stuff. Try to keep zombies and players off your back by scavenging for guns and canned peaches until you can’t carry any more. A very fun and intense game with friends if you are into a survival-military type game.

#1: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

An epic ending to the “Uncharted” series being the fourth in the franchise. A fantastic third person shooter where you play the campaign as “Nathan Drake” in the search for Captain Henry Avery’s long lost ship and treasure. Beat out Rafe and Nadine and team up with your brother Sam in an attempt to grab loot worth up to 400 million dollars. A beautiful display of graphics and well thought out story puts this game at the top of my list for the best game to play this summer.

View Comments (1)