New Admission Director Shares Perspectives

Most of the Malvern student body may not be familiar with him yet, but Mr. Sean Kenney, the new head of Admissions, certainly recognizes the school’s strong sense of community.

“Of all of the places I have worked the sense of community here is stronger than I have ever seen,” said Kenney. “It truly is a family”.

Mr. Kenney grew up in southeastern Pennsylvania, attending high school at Bishop Kenrick in Norristown. From there he went on to study at the University of Scranton. Scranton was where he first started his admissions career.  He then worked as an admissions officer at the University of San Francisco.

Kenney spent the last three years prior to his hire at Malvern as the Executive Director of Enrollment at San Domenico, the oldest independent school in California.

Aside from work, Mr. Kenney’s other interests fit right in to the Malvern community. During his years in school he participated in a variety of athletics. An avid golfer, he is unable to play as many rounds as he would like as the duties of parenthood present themselves.

“My hobbies these days are really coaching my little children, an eight and five year old in basketball, baseball, and soccer,” he explained.

Kenney is busy evaluating the admissions portion of Malvern. He believes that bringing in well-rounded classes to the school’s student body is a crucial piece for the admissions office.

“We want to make sure students succeed in the classroom, and outside of the classroom, no matter what their talents are,” said Mr. Kenney. His statement sums up his goals for the school’s admissions.

Mr. Kenney is very new here – he started in August, and is still getting to know the students and the community.  His picture is above – be sure to say “hello”, and get to know the guy in control of the fate of future Malvernians.