UNDEFEATED! Friars Splash their Way to a Perfect 9-0 Season

VIDEO: Mr. Schiller Goes in the Pool! Undefeated Inter Ac Champs!

Friday February 1st sealed the deal for Malvern Prep’s Men’s Swimming and Diving Team, as they beat Conestoga in the last dual meet of their now undefeated season. While most student attention has been drawn to the common winter sports  like hockey and basketball, the swim team has quietly become the most dominant team on campus in the start of the new year.

The dual meets this season have been won by no less than a fifteen point margin. Malvern began the season with two quick dominant wins against Bayard Rustin and Unionville. The Friars then embarked on a ten day training trip on Florida over Christmas break. The legendary “Florida Trips” entail a biannual excursion to Fort Lauderdale where swimmers participate in two a days, beach workouts, and two mile runs. Long story short, Florida trips are extremely tough, but extremely beneficial. The Friars returned home a few days after the turn of the New Year ready and eager for the Inter Ac season.

The close meets were supposed to be Germantown and Haverford, but with their star studded lineup, Malvern easily cruised to a lopsided victory in both affairs. The meets against Episcopal, Penn Charter, and Chesnutt Hill went the same way. The Friars never at any point this season were losing a meet, and the amount of events won by all opposing teams in total can probably be counted on one hand. The words “Malvern Swimming” were synonymous with “dominant” this season. The lone hiccup came in the form of a second place finish in National Catholics (an invitational that features top Catholic Prep School Swim Teams in the northeast region), but after all, second place at Nationals, not too shabby.

The next challenge for the Friars is the Easterns Championship meet at the end of February. The team is looking forward to outstanding swims and a top three finish.