State of the StudCo

President Billy Carlini ’19 has set his goals for the year and is already working towards checking off his list.

Carlini has a lot on his plate, working on everything from revamping the Student Council’s social media to planning upcoming tournaments.

However, Carlini’s number one priority is making his final Malvern Spirit Week memorable, which will include dress down days, the Pep Rally, and much more.

“Jimmy’s Barbeque will be back, [students will] be able to vote on the themes of dress down days,” Carlini said. “The Pep Rally is going to be special.”

For Carlini, Spirit Week is not just a special time for the student body, but also a time for the Student Council to prove themselves.

[perfectpullquote align=”right” bordertop=”false” cite=”” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””]

“Student Council is only as good as the rest of the student body makes it,” he said. “So [their] cooperation will make it a great year.”

-Billy Carlini ’19

[/perfectpullquote]

“We’re excited for that whole week leading up to [Homecoming], we think that’s going to be a big week for us to make our name as Student Council,” he said. “I think our biggest accomplishment will be Spirit Week.”

For Carlini, Student Council’s time to shine will come during the Pep Rally at the end of Spirit Week.

“We’re trying to rev up school spirit, we’re trying to get more rowdy at the Pep Rally,” he said. “We’re trying to make the feel of the gym like what you feel in the stands during games.”

To increase student spirit, Student Council has talked to multiple members of the student body about getting more involved.

“We have talked with kids from freshmen to seniors who are comfortable with a microphone in their hand, some theatre kids who we know they’re funny and comfortable with a mic in their hand to make our school spirit,” Carlini said. “One kid I’ve spoken to is Aidan White, who would be really, really fun.”

However, for Spirit Week to be a success, Carlini needs the support of Malvern’s students.