Spirit Week-Embracing our School’s Community by Coming Together

As the first term came to an end, middle school students were filled with joy after the success of Spirit Week. Students gathered together to participate in activities, dressed down in fun outfits. All had a great time. Spirit Week was held from Monday, October 9th through Friday the 13th, and each day had a new type of game. Friday was the most anticipated event of the week: 8th grade dominated in the 8th grade vs faculty game. 

The Middle School Student Leadership Team was planning and preparing for one of the biggest events of the year. The Middle School Leadership Team is a group of middle school students and teachers who moderate and plan events for the middle school.  

A couple of weeks ago, the Middle School Leadership team planned out one of the first events of the new school year. This event held different games, dress downs, and other ways for students to bond. 

When asked questions about preparation and his thoughts on the Middle School Student Leadership team, Arman Patel said “ I think it is important that the Middle School has a student leadership team because it allows us to cooperate in activities with peers and is a way for students to gain leadership skills.” He added, “It is also important for incoming 6th graders to form a bond with kids.” When asked about how they plan for such an important event, Arman Patel said,  “So for Spirit Week, we all branch into teams for different topics and talk about the specific things for that group that we want to accomplish.”

Another member of the Middle School Student Leadership Team, Liam Matlack, shared some thoughts on the planning and prep phase. He stated that some of the ways the team plans are through mapping out budgets and forming groups. When asked about the importance of the club, Liam stated, “I think it’s important to have a Student Leadership team because it is a way of setting up activities where the whole middle school community is able to come together along with Spirit Week as an activity for middle schoolers leading up to Homecoming. I joined the club  because I wanted to help plan events and help create new ideas and activities each year.”

A Middle School Student Leadership team is very important for a community that is based on relationships and bonding with others. After a successful Spirit Week, students are looking forward to the next event that the club will plan.