Welcome New Middle School Teachers

The new school year has many new students but also many new teachers. In the middle school, we are lucky to add Ms. McMonagle, Mr. McClung, and Mrs Escobar to our teaching staff. Curious to learn about our new teachers, I asked the following questions:

1. What do you teach at Malvern?
  2. What is your favorite thing about Malvern?
  3. What did you do before you came to Malvern?

Ms. McMonagle teaches 6th and 7th grade math. “My favorite thing about Malvern is that there is a large sense of community,” said Ms. McMonagle. Prior to joining us at Malvern, Ms. McMonagle taught Honors Math and Gym at Holy Rosary in Plymouth Meeting.

Next I spoke to Mr McClung. Mr McClung teaches 6th and 7th grade English. He shared, “My favorite thing so far is the people. I love my teaching colleagues and really enjoy being with the students. Before Malvern, I did a lot of things. I was in graduate school for a while. Then, I worked for the Seattle Opera before becoming a teacher.” Mr McClung also taught for five years before coming to Malvern, most recently at Germantown Friends School in Philadelphia.

Finally, I talked to Mrs Escobar. She teaches 8th grade Theology as well as Issues in Social Justice to some sections of high school juniors. Her favorite thing about Malvern is the community of being “one team all in.” She said, “Prior to Malvern, I taught Theology in all-girls high schools for 19 years. Most recently, I was at Mount Saint Joseph Academy which is located in Flourtown, PA.”

We are  lucky to have Ms. McMonagle, Mr. McClung, and Mrs. Escobar at Malvern Prep this year. It’s sure to be an awesome year for both students and teachers. 

View Comments (1)