Athlete of the Issue: O’Shaan Allison ’18

To put Allison’s monster season into perspective, his performance against Episcopal Academy, where he tallied 194 yards and three touchdowns, may not even be his most impressive.

Allison grew up in Norristown, Pennsylvania, where he learned what it takes to excel on a team where most of the other leaders are more experienced.

“I’ve played running back since I was four years old and I was always the youngest on my team,” Allison said. “Since most guys were bigger than me I learned how to run smart.”

Although he started off the season as a backup behind Zac Fernandez ’17, Allison has been able to work his way up the depth chart through his stellar play.

“We feed off each other,” Allison said. “I try to make the most out of my carries every time I’m on the field”

Allison had high expectations of both the team and himself going into the season.

“My goal for myself is to rush for 1000 yards and my goal for the team is to go undefeated in the Inter-Ac,” Allison said.

He is on pace to achieve both which Allison said he credits to the hard work he put in during the offseason.

“Coach Brady told me I should work out at least three days a week during the offseason, so I worked really hard to improve my speed and strength,” Allison said.

Despite major improvement in both areas Allison attributes the success he’s had so far to his offensive line.
“They are outstanding.” Allison said. “They always know their assignments and open up holes for me to run, without them I wouldn’t be able to do anything.”

Allison hopes the momentum from his game against EA carries over to the homecoming game against Haverford.

“It’s gonna be a really big game for us,” Allison said. “We haven’t beaten them in four years so we’re gonna get after them.”