Haines shows well at 2016 Crossfit Games

After months of preparation, Evan Haines went to LA to try and gain the title “Most Fit Teen in the World.”

haines

Sophomore Evan Haines stepped out onto the big stage this summer in Los Angeles, California; however, he wasn’t in Hollywood for a movie. Instead, Haines participated in the Crossfit Games, the most prestigious competition a contestant can reach in the world of Crossfit.  

[perfectpullquote align=”right” cite=”” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””]“I’m going to try and make [the Crossfit Games] for the years to come.”

– Evan Haines ’19 [/perfectpullquote]

Haines prepared for months to reach this competition, participating in many preliminary workouts and other competitions. The Crossfit Games only select 10 people to participate in Haines’s age group.

From July 19-21, Haines participated in one of the toughest, most grueling physical tests in the world, which challenged the competitor’s strength in all parts of the body.

Going into the competition, Haines only had one goal in mind.

“I really wanted to show up, do really well, and get into the top 3,” Haines said.

At the Games themselves, Haines had a great time with the other competitors.

“The atmosphere was great,” Haines said. “It was fun, there were a lot of people, and the other kids in my age group were really nice and supportive. It was really cool being around top athletes from all around the world. It was great getting know the kids I was with.”

At the competition, Haines placed 6th out of the 10 competitors in his age group.

“I didn’t achieve my initial goal, but I thought I had a good performance,” Haines said.

Regarding next year, Haines is already working towards next year’s Games

“I’m going to try and make [the Crossfit Games] for the years to come,” he said.