Top 10 Christmas Movies

Every December, Christmas movies take over almost every TV channel.  Thanks to 25 Days of Christmas, some movies seem to be played almost every night, but here are the best.

After very intense and tumultuous debates, we have made a list of the top 10 Christmas movies of all time.

10. The Santa Clause (1994)

This movie is a must watch for one time during the 25 Days of Christmas. However, it can ONLY be watched that one time. The biggest strike to this movie is the acting by some characters (especially the boy) which is cringe-worthy throughout the movie.

9. Santa Claus is Coming to Town (1970)

This movie is a classic which is why it has been put into this list. We appreciated how it dives into the history of Santa Claus from the days of Kris Kringle to the man with the beard. This movie was not placed higher in the list due to the old-fashioned clay animation which is very unrealistic.

8. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)

This is one of the most underrated Christmas movies ever made. Yes, most of the acting and characters make it tough to watch, but Jim Carrey as the Grinch is amazing.

7. Elf (2003)

A baby is kidnapped by an old fat guy, raised by midgets and a talking walrus, escapes to New York City to find his dad, and saves Christmas in the end. Instant Classic.

6. Frosty the Snowman (1969)

Who doesn’t love this movie? Only taking one hour, this movie reminds you of what Christmas felt like when you were younger and will be watched for many years to come. (You’re probably singing the song right now too.)

5. Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)

Two Grinch Movies?!!? We know, it’s a bit aggressive, but the rhyme schemes and music place this movie firmly into any top 10 list.

4. A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)

The animation in this can’t even come close to competing with what is made today. However, people keep watching it because it is one of the G.O.A.T.s.

3. Home Alone (1990)

This movie can be watched anytime or anywhere. It has comedy, action, and suspense plus Christmas. We should just be glad that they made it when Macaulay Culkin was 11 years old and not how he looks now.

2. A Christmas Story (1983)

Even though the 24 hour marathons on TBS get a little bit annoying, this movie has too many iconic scenes to not be this high on the list.

1. The Polar Express (2004)

One of the best parts about Christmas is Christmas songs, and this movie has some of the best. Tom Hanks does a great job as pretty much every character. This movie would always make you hype for Christmas as a little kid.