Teacher of the Issue: Mr. Kevin Moore

Mr. Moore has been teaching at Malvern for three years now, and he has changed as a person because of it.

mooreMr. Kevin Moore grew up in Downingtown, Pennsylvania and attended Downingtown West High School. He had a passion for choir and theater in those days, then he was turned on to running in the spring of his Senior year.

“I made a deal with my best friend in High School,” Moore said. “He would come and sing in choir and if he did that, I had to run.”

So the deal panned out, Moore was obligated to run track and he immediately started to get into it. He loved the idea of being fit and went on to join Immaculata University’s new team the next year.

“I was terrible my Freshman year,” Moore said. “I continued to work really hard at it.”

Eventually, Moore was the captain for two years and graduated from Immaculata in 2012. He taught at the Salesianum School in Delaware for two years. During that time he married his wife, Maggie Moore. He was the coach for cross country and track and field there as well.

“I had a coach that I really think fostered and taught me how to love the sport,” Moore said. “[He taught me how to] love teaching the sport and how to coach the sport.”

Moore is also particularly fond of math. His passion for math is found in none other than drag racing.

“The science and the math, physics really, behind racing I think is really what drove me to work with numbers day in and day out,” Moore said. “This makes my interest in the sport continue.”

Moore would go to Maple Grove Raceway every weekend with his father in his childhood. He got his license when he was 18 and now finds the time to go once a month.

After his time at Salesianum, he found himself at Malvern, and he does not regret it.

“I have always been a driven individual,” Moore said. “I always enjoy picking up something new. Malvern has really ignited a passion for continuing to learn, and not being stagnant.”

According to Moore, Malvern has made him a patient individual. not only with other people but with himself as well.

“I wholeheartedly believe that through being here at Malvern, I have become a better listener and much more patient,” Moore said.

What Moore hopes to do is to create opportunities for students to continue to grow, learn, and make memories. Moore would love to stay at Malvern for the rest of his career, and as of now, he does not see himself going anywhere.

Moore’s love and dedication for the school has grown significantly since he has come here. Every day, Moore finds new value in the institution.

“In my last couple years of being here, I have learned and grown more as an individual and as a teacher than I have really in the last number of years,” Moore said.