Best things to do over Christmas break

Here are some tips on how to spend your time during the Christmas season.

Christmas break is the longest break of the school year until summer vacation. Here are some of the best things to do over the time off.

Step one, relax. You have more than two full weeks off of school. Slow down, unwind, and catch up on lost sleep. This year, since the first day of Christmas break is the last day of the first semester, some classes might not give as much homework. Take advantage of that time.

Hang out with friends, start reading a book, buy some new music, go out and see a Sixers, Flyers, or Eagles game, or do whatever makes you happy and relaxes you. There is plenty of time to do anything you want.

The holidays bring people together, and the holidays are meant to be shared with family members. Whether your family hosts Christmas, or you have to travel to another state, you can enjoy the holiday time with your family. For some, this is one of the few times their whole family will be together this year because they live far away.

I have cousins who live in Leavenworth, Washington, so I don’t get to see them much. But on Christmas, I always make sure to talk to them and my aunt and uncle, and I wish they lived in Pennsylvania so we could see them more often.

The holiday season makes everyone happy, and Christmas and New Year’s add to the excitement. Stores and houses are decorated for Christmas, everyone is happy, and there is Christmas music blaring in every car, store, and home. Not only is Christmas day fun, but the days after it still feel like Christmas.

Then there is New Year’s Eve, almost everyone stays up until after midnight to watch the ball drop and kick off the new year. On New Year’s Day, you have an excuse to sleep in until the afternoon.

Aside from Christmas movies, there are also a lot of other movies you can watch that come out around the holidays. There is usually a Star Wars movie that comes out in December, as well as other comedy, horror, and action movies. My dad, my sister, and I always see the latest Star Wars movie before Christmas, and already have our tickets for the newest movie coming out.

Most people have at least one Christmas movie that they watch every year, either by themselves or with their families. For me and my family, it’s “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” and I have a lot of memories of watching it before Christmas.

The best feeling at Christmas for me is when I buy a gift for someone and I know they are really going to like it. It is a great feeling to watch someone open the present you bought for them and see that they are really excited. Not only does giving presents to family and friends make you feel good, but donating toys and money to those in need is just as important. Every year, each person in my family takes a tag from the Giving Tree, which is where less fortunate families can request items to be bought for them, and we buy something for people in need.

It feels good to know someone is getting a present this Christmas that they wouldn’t normally have had.