CORRECTION: March Editorial Board

Malvern Community,

On behalf of the entire Blackfriar Chronicle staff, Matt and I would like to apologize for a mistake made in the March 2015 issue of the paper. As many of you may know or have heard, an a error occured in this month’s Editorial Board, focusing on the senior slide.

In quoting long-time Malvern teacher Mr. Richard Roper, the article is intended to read “Roper has been at Malvern for 39 years and has experienced the senior slide both as a teacher and as a counselor.”

We believe that a change to this paragraph was added as a “prank” made by a student unaffiliated with our staff, sometime during our final pre-production before press.

After many rounds of editing, our staff believed that the paper went to press as intended. We are confident that this error was not the intention of any member of the staff or of the Editorial Board.

We deeply apologize to Mr. Roper and to the Malvern community for this mistake. We have changed all online versions of the paper, as well as collected all physical copies on stands to fix copies individually.   We recognize that a few readers picked up copies before we could get to the stands, and we would encourage those readers to support our team by discarding those copies and enjoying a new copy of the BFC.

We deeply regret this mistake, and take full responsibility for it. The BFC is an institution that prides itself in high standards of student voice. As described in our mission statement, “The principal goals of the publications are to provide accurate and relevant information to the Malvern community and to offer a forum for intelligent dialogue on all things Malvern.”  In the spirit of Creation, we do our best to produce a paper that provides a wide spectrum of student voice, news, and perspectives on the school community.  We hope that the future staff and leadership continues this work with integrity and professionalism.

We would once again like to apologize to Mr. Roper and the entire community for this mistake. If you have any questions please contact Matt ([email protected]) or myself ([email protected]). We would be happy to provide further explanation. We hope that you enjoy the March paper, and encourage you to share feedback with us.

Thank you,

Jack Marchesani and Matt Lanetti

Editors-in-Chief of the Blackfriar Chronicle