Mrs. Kelley Bittner – Counseling

Bittner
Ms. Bittner / T. Pero

Mrs. Bittner knew from her first interview that she would love to work at Malvern. She was comfortable here right from the start.

“I love the feeling of family and community,” said Bittner “I love the attention you can give to your students and the ability to get to know them.”

Bittner had a very welcoming and relaxed feeling when she first met some of the faculty and counselors. She wanted to feel like she was working in a place with friends, and Malvern seemed like the perfect fit.

Kelley Bittner grew up near Pine Barrens, New Jersey where she loved athletics and the outdoors. She played both field hockey and lacrosse competitively, most notably as a part of a New Jersey State Lacrosse Team that won seven State Championships in a row.

Mrs. Bittner always liked helping others, so she started coaching when she was in high school. She had aspirations to continue her lacrosse career in college. Unfortunately, she sustained a knee injury and her lacrosse prospects changed. She chose to play field hockey at Villanova University and enjoyed it very much.

Eventually, her knee injury prevented her from playing field hockey. She transferred Rutgers University in New Jersey to focus her studies on helping high school students choose a college and figure out what they want to do with their lives. She went to graduate school to further her studies in counseling.

Bittner is passionate about helping the environment and she is also very fond of animals. She enjoys hiking and hopes to get involved in the Outdoors Club.

Bittner is really looking forward to helping Malvernians achieve their goals.