A freshman’s perspective

With the Class of 2016 settling in and the 2012 Brotherhood Ceremony occurring last week, The Friars Lantern decided to ask some questions to a young freshman who is new to campus. The student (who preferred to remain anonymous) provided insight and a nostalgic feeling of early days at Malvern.

FL: We understand that you are new to Malvern Prep. What are your general thoughts on the school now that you have been a student and experienced classes firsthand?

Freshman: Malvern Prep is pretty cool. There are a lot of different electives to choose from and sports that I can participate in. The campus kind of reminds me of a college.

FL: How was the orientation experience with the Knights of Augustine? What was your favorite part?

Freshman: The orientation was fun and I learned a lot about how the school works which is good because I came here not knowing anything. My favorite part of orientation was the dodge ball tournament. It began as an organized game but it turned into one huge game with everybody involved. The class was split into two teams and it was just a lot of fun.

FL: The Brotherhood Ceremony is one of the most critical parts of Malvern culture and welcoming the new freshman to the school. What are your thoughts on the brotherhood ceremony?

Freshman: The Brotherhood Ceremony was nice and it really made me feel welcomed into the school. Malvern Prep is just a different school entirely. Knowing that the students and faculty supported me as well as my parents truly made me feel welcome.

FL: What is your most interesting class?

Freshman: Theology is the most interesting class on my schedule. The class is great.

FL: What do you like most about the Malvern’s environment?

Freshman: I like the size of Malvern’s environment. It seems like there is so much to do here.

FL: You have begun your first year of high school and have been introduced to many changes rather quickly. This might be a difficult question for you to answer considering you have been on campus for about a week but we are curious journalists at The Friars Lantern. Where do you see yourself in three years at Malvern?

Freshman: In three years I will be a senior, but I see myself as being a leader. Maybe a captain of a team. I see myself as a smart Christian person ready to take on the world.

Good luck to the Class of 2016!