Chorus performs at Malvern Victorian Christmas celebration

The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear

On Friday December 6, the Malvern Men’s Chorus and the Notre Dame Women’s Chorale came together to spread Christmas cheer at the Malvern Bible Chapel as part of the Victorian Christmas Celebration. Under the direction of Mr. Liga and the accompaniment of Mrs. Miller, the group did two back-to-back performances and warmed the hearts of many.

The weather that night was despicable. Both singers and guests fought cold, drenching, relentless rain on their way into the church, but that didn’t matter. The spirits were high and the voices were loud as the group sang their hearts out.

The groups performed some standards such as “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” and “Here We Come A-Caroling.” The singers also performed the “Hallelujah Chorus,” at the start of which the entire audience stood up, which is common when that song is played.

Solos included those of Shannon Cattie (‘14) and Anthony Abron (‘14) in “Joy to the World,” the closing piece. Jordan Pietrafitta (‘16) delighted the audience with her flute accompaniment in “Here We Come A-Caroling.”

It was a long night for all of the singers. By the end, there were plenty of fatigued voices, but it was truly an experience that the group enjoyed.