A look ahead at 2017 Netflix Originals

With a new year comes new TV! See what Netflix has in store for this year.

As time goes on, more and more people slowly turn away from cable TV and turn towards sites like Netflix for their entertainment. One thing that has really sold Netflix to people is its original programing.

In the past few years, Netflix has produced amazing TV shows that are worth the price of Netflix alone. Some of these I would recommend would be Stranger Things, Bojack Horseman, and Black Mirrors.

Now that it is 2017, Netflix has announced some of their shows for the upcoming year. I am going to be talking about a few I am looking forward to.

Note, new seasons of shows will not be included. If that were the case, the new season of Bojack and Black Mirrors would trump my list. Anyway, I will start.

Now, it’s impossible to talk about Netflix original shows without talking about their Marvel TV shows. As many people are aware, Marvel has started to take their most beloved Comic characters and put them on the big screen.

Well, what happens to Comic Characters who aren’t super popular? They get put into Marvel’s Cinematic Universe, which just so happens to be produced by Netflix!

So far, Netflix has made the shows Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage. Netflix plans to add another character to the mix with an “Iron Fist” show.

Not only that, Netflix is making a show, named “The Defenders,” that has all four of these characters join up and fight together. It’s kind of like a TV Avengers. I’m really looking forward to see what they can do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBZtM8q2Z1g

With that out of the way, does anybody remember Bill Nye? Back in the 90s, Bill Nye was the host of the beloved show, “Bill Nye the Science Guy.” Ever since then, he kind of stayed out of the spotlight.

Well, now you will get more of Bill! Bill Nye is now hosting a new show under the name “Bill Nye Saves the World.” The name sounds more than a little pretentious but hopefully the show lives up to its predecessor.

Up next, I have “A Series of Unfortunate Events.” This is an interesting one for the story surrounding it. A Series of Unfortunate Events is actually a children’s book series. The series had a theatrical edition back in 2004.

Sadly, Jim Carrey, playing the series titular antagonist Count Olaf, could not save the box office flop that was “A Series of Unfortunate Events.” Netflix has revived the series and gave it another go.

This time around, Neil Patrick Harris will be playing Count Olaf. With an actor as talented as him and a TV format, I am excited to see how the show ends up. You can actually see right now! The show released a few weeks ago.

Finally, the final show I want to talk about is “El Chapo.” As one could guess, “El Chapo” is a show about El Chapo. After the success of shows like Narcos, Netflix saw that they had struck gold.

Now, in 2017, we are getting another similar story about the Drug Lord El chapo. I’m excited to see where it goes!