Summer movie season opens with a bang

A summer full of many fan-movies is sure to have critics buzzing.

With the 2015 year underway with many blockbusters such as Insurgent, Fast and Furious 7, and Avengers: Age of Ultron already out, how could this year’s movies get any better? This summer will be one to remember.

Marvel fans everywhere are buzzing and eagerly awaiting the arrival of a new member to the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Ant-Man. In the usual Ant-Man story, Hank Pym plays the role of a superhero who can shrink down to the size of ants. However, in the upcoming movie, Hank Pym is the mentor to the new Ant-Man, a con artist named Scott Lang.

Scott Lang is a convicted thief who is granted an opportunity at a better life. This opportunity utilizes his areas of expertise: breaking and entering.

Ant-Man is certainly an oddball hero. However, Marvel has proved that they can make almost any character work with last year’s intergalactic success Guardians of the Galaxy.

There has been a recent push to remake movies from the 80’s. These movies include: Poltergeist, Indiana Jones, Terminator, Ghostbusters, and Jurassic Park.

Jurassic Park was one of the original summer movie blockbusters in 1983. Over 30 years later, we are finally getting a reboot. Starring recent superstar Chris Pratt, the movie’s plot toys with the concept of what happened to the park in the wake of the original trilogy. All in all, the movie is set up for success due to its iconic status and stellar cast.

Pitch Perfect, who hasn’t seen it? More importantly, who doesn’t love it? The sequel has just been released with surprisingly little advertising. Despite this, the film has smashed into the box office with great reviews. The high demanded sequel came in with a bang and is currently sitting at #1.

This summer movie season has already delivered big time. The rest is shaping up to be amazing. The best is yet to come.