Class of 2021 inducted into Malvern Brotherhood

Dan Malloy ’18, Ethan Rowley ’18,  Quinn McCahon ’18

Malvern hosted the annual ceremony formally inducting 143 total new members of the Malvern community.

133 freshmen and ten transfer students participated in the yearly ceremony on September 11. It took place in the O’Neill Center with parents, faculty, and all Upper School students in attendance.

Director of Mission and Ministry and Curriculum Coordinator Fr. Chris Drennen, O.S.A. led the opening prayer, then Student Council President Liam McKnight ’18 did a reading. Drennen also delivered the homily this year, replacing Fr. James Flynn’s usual homily. Drennen described his time as a student, and offered the freshmen advice to be patient as they shaped their Malvern experience.

Assistant Head of School for Student Life Mr. Ron Algeo called out the names of the new freshmen one by one. Faculty and members of the Adelphia Society mentorship group led them along the different stations.

Students were presented with their St. Augustine medals and given a blessing by one of the Augustinian friars. They signed their name into the brotherhood book, and then left their parents to take their place in the Malvern student seats.

Head of School Fr. Don Reilly led the closing blessing of the freshmen, commissioning them to live the values of truth, unity and love, and wishing them luck for the years ahead.

Here are some of our favorite pictures from the Brotherhood Ceremony. Visit this link for our full album.