Fall Sports: Time to get our minds ready for the Grueling Sports Season.

Sports are a big priority for Malvern’s middle school, so how did they measure up this fall?

Fall middle school sports are well underway, which means our players have to get into the right headspace to play their respective sports well. Most players play these sports because they help them blow off steam from the school day and they release pent-up energy. These sports also show off school pride, allowing students to put their competitiveness to use. 

Arman Patel, who runs cross country in the middle school, comments on how he prepares for a meet: “Mentally, I listen to music, and try to imagine myself winning the race beforehand. Physically, I practice with the team each day to improve every aspect of my running.” Arman Patel also adds this about his mindset going into a meet: “my mindset going into a meet is to never give up and put all I have into each step of the race.” Commenting on his season, Arman says, “I felt that I met my goals which was to win more than three meets, and to place top three at Champs. One thing I can improve on going into the next season is my ability to start faster. To compete with the older kids, I need to be able to stick with them at the beginning of the race.  Commenting on the whole middle school cross country team as a whole, Arman Patel says, “I feel that this year our team did great. We went from zero wins last year to three this year. I feel that everybody contributed and everybody improved throughout the season.”

Liam Matlack who plays soccer in the middle school comments on how he prepares for the soccer season: “I prepare for the soccer season by being mentally prepared, getting my equipment ready, and sharpening my skills. Commenting on how he helps his teammates get into the right headspace for a game, he explained, “We pray before each game and huddle up on the field to get ready for the game.” Commenting on his mindset for every game, Liam Matlack said, “I go into the games wanting to win.” 

Overall, Malvern Prep had a great fall season and the middle school athletes are ready for the winter season.