Meet our new Counselor, Mr. Whitlatch!

This week at Malvern Prep in the middle school, we welcomed our substitute counselor Mr. Whitlatch.  Mr. Whitlatch found himself at Malvern because our counselor Mrs. Trainor had a baby, and is going on a parental leave. Mr. Whitlatch will only be covering while Mrs. Trainor is gone. Though Mr. Whitlatch is only here for a little while, you can ask him any questions, as he is open to getting to know you better.

Meeting Mr. Whitlatch was so nice. He is a very outgoing teacher and open to topics of conversation. I got a chance to interview Mr. Whitlatch and ask him a few questions. 

As we started our interview I could tell how much Mr. Whitlatch loves our brotherhood already, which leads into one of my questions: “Why were you drawn to Malvern Prep?” Mr. Whitlatch said, “I think schools work best when they are student and family centered.” He also added, “It feels like everyone is family here.” Mr. Whitlatch is right about that, and something that we can take away from that is that Mr. Whitlatch is part of the family, so make sure you show him around.  The next question I asked Mr. Whitlatch was “Why do you like being a school counselor?” He answered and said, “I have always gotten tremendous joy from conversation and I think how good we are at building relationships with one another is a direct determinant on how we feel.” Mr. Whitlatch is basically explaining that he loves being a counselor because he loves talking to people and he loves to build relationships. Lastly, Mr. Whitlatch informed me that he loves “coffee, people, and food.”

We are very lucky to welcome Mr. Whitlatch; if you have any questions for him you can see him in St. Rita’s. or email him.