The Philadelphia Eagles Success Takes The Middle School By Storm!

Every Monday morning, Middle School Students look forward to talking to all their friends about the Eagles previous game. It seems like every time the Eagles play a game at Lincoln Financial Field, something happens in Eagles history that surprises our students at Malvern Prep. The Eagles season feels like it means more because we lost the Super Bowl last year and it feels like this year is the Eagles’ revenge season. This season feels like a roller coaster even though we are 10-3 through Week 14 because there have been four come-from-behind wins in the last four games that they have won. That really shows how much the Eagles stay together and win.

I asked some of my classmates and one of my teachers: What is your opinion on the Eagles season and what has surprised you? All of my classmates and the teacher I asked had pretty similar answers. First, I asked Mr. McCarry, who said he’s surprised that they [were] 10-1 and that they are winning games because he believes that they have not played their best football yet. He thinks that the Eagles have been very resilient. I would say many other Friar brothers would agree with that. I asked Reed Mortimer next he responded with, “I am very surprised by the last game and how they have come back a lot. But I am  worried about the playoffs and how they will turn out.”  Lastly, I asked Keagan Stach. He commented with, ‘‘I think they have had a good season. I’m surprised how many good teams the Eagles have beat.” What I take from this is we have a lot of members of Malvern who are confident on how the Eagles are playing right now but are a little apprehensive about the future for the Eagles. 

During the Eagles 2023-2024 season, there have been a lot of surprising stats that have sparked interest from all fan bases. A surprising fact to know about the Eagles season is that they have had the 2nd most rushing yards this year. A.J. Brown also broke a very surprising record; Brown had six straight games with over one hundred-twenty five yards or more. All birds fans can hope for some more records that lead us to another playoff run. Another thing that was surprising for an Eagles fan was in week twelve when rookie defensive tackle out of Georgia Jalen Carter tried to intercept a spike, but was unsuccessful!

To round it up, many Malvern Students are excited about the Eagles upcoming games. But are the Eagles going to get through this hard stretch and run away with the number one seed in the NFC and clinch the NFC East, though it looks like the Eagles have been very tired?