Malvern’s Takes on the Chiefs vs. 49ers Super Bowl!

Here at Malvern, all students and teachers are excited for the Super Bowl that will take place on February 11th in Las Vegas at Allegiant Stadium. We were interested in hearing about our middle school students’ and faculty members’ different predictions, traditions, and opinions regarding the Super Bowl.  

First we talked to our friend Patrick Gill. When asked about who he wanted to win, he responded with, “I am rooting for the 49ers because I do not want to see the Chiefs win another Super Bowl.” Then adding on to his 49ers dreams, Pat thinks the outcome will be “49ers a strong 24-3.” Then, Pat explained how he will be eating a lot of good food, saying, “while I eat some food I will be watching the game intensely.”

Next we interviewed our math teacher Ms. McMonagle. When asked who she is rooting for, she stated that she personally is not rooting for any team but thinks it would be cool for Mr. Irrelevant to win a Super Bowl, though she thinks the Chiefs will win 31-21. Ms. McMonagle also stated that during the Super Bowl she gets together with friends and family and they all make appetizers to eat during the big game. 

The other student we spoke to was Liam Sherwood. When asked who he is rooting for, Liam said he will be rooting for the 49ers because he thinks the Chiefs have gotten too much praise. Liam said his prediction is for the game to go into overtime, but he doesn’t know what the score will be. He and his family will stay home and eat chicken wings during the game and halftime show. 

The last teacher we interviewed was Mr. Swope. He told us, “I am rooting for the Eagles, but since they are not playing, I will root for the 49ers. There are two reasons why. West Virginia played Iowa State (and Brock Purdy) during my son’s freshman year at WV. WVU won! But it was fun to watch the potential MVP of the league. The second reason is that I’ve seen enough of Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce.” Next he said that he thinks that the 49ers will win 27-24.  Mr. Swope plans to “Get together with friends! Wings! Pizza! Heartburn!” 

We also conducted an online poll for middle school students and teachers to pick who they want to win the Super Bowl and who they think will win the Super Bowl. 57.1% of the middle school thinks the 49ers will win and 42.9 % of the middle school thinks the Chiefs will win. 75% of the middle school wants the 49ers to win and 25% of the middle school wants the Chiefs to win. This year’s Super Bowl is sure to be very exciting!