Back to School Night- The School Year is in Motion

The Middle School parents filled the Malvern Prep campus, as the school year is now in motion. Throughout the night, the Middle School parents were able to ask questions and watch presentations at Back to School Night.  Families piled into the Duffy Arts Center as demonstration began. Back to School Night happened on September 22nd, started at 5:30 pm, and went to 6:30 pm. Parents were able to meet their sons’ teachers and ask multiple questions.

As Malvern practices came to an end, parents flocked the campus. Malvern Prep was once again a lively place. Teachers have been preparing for this night to come so they could share different information and work. Parents were able to meet new teachers and take a tour of the campus because it has received renovations. They watched presentations from Mr. DelPizzo and Mrs. Trexler in the Duffy Arts Center about how the school year will look, expectations, dresscode, sports, and clubs. 

I was lucky to interview Mrs. Trexler, an 8th Grade Science Teacher and Middle School Faculty Academy Leader, about Back to School Night. In a recent interview she said, “Back to School Night is an important evening that marks the start of the school year. It is a great opportunity for parents to come to school and meet the teachers that their son spends the day with. It is also a great opportunity to see the spaces we are learning in. “ Another point she stated was, “All teachers should be at Back to School Night to meet the parents. There are always a few people that can’t attend, but the majority of teachers are there.”

Mrs. Trexler, when asked if parents can ask questions and meet teachers, responded by saying, “This year parents had the opportunity to visit Riley Hall and meet the teachers. Teachers were in different classrooms throughout the building so parents could ask questions while they visited classrooms. Another key topic Mrs. Trexler spoke upon was that “Mr. DelPizzo and I did a presentation for Middle School families before going to Riley Hall. We talked about the schedule, communication, activities, and ways that parents could help their son.” 

As the night continued,  parents were finishing talking to teachers and the tour of Riley Hall, Malvern provided snacks and beverages in Stewart Hall. After the Back to School Night ended, parents were able to watch the Malvern Football Game. Parents were able to get the feel of the students energy in the student section, and they saw our brotherhood in person along with our core values of truth, unity, and love. 

Every student, teacher, and parent are all on the same page now. Students are eager to learn, grow, and become better people.  Back to School Night is just the start of the school year as there is much more to come. With many fun events planned by faculty, students will have a lot to look forward to. Teachers are ready for the school year, so now is the time to grow.